1: Accessing Settings
The settings are accessible when you build a new crosstab, once you've run a crosstab, and for saved crosstabs.
Building a New Crosstab: Click "Build Crosstab," then select the "Settings" option in the top menu.
Saved Crosstab in the Entry Screen: Click on the settings icon for the desired crosstab.
Crosstab Report: In the "Settings" section at the top of the report, click "Edit Settings."
2.1: Name & Description
- Name: Enter a name for the crosstab.
- Description: Enter a description.
- Date Range: Filter results by a date range.
- All: No date filter/show all
- Custom: Enter a custom date range in the From/To fields
- Calendar: Filter by the following options, based on the current date-
- This Week
- This Month
- This Quarter
- Previous Week
- Previous Month
- Previous Quarter
- Day: Filter by day, based on the current date-
- Previous 7 Days
- Previous 30 Days
- Previous 90 Days
- From/To: If a date range is selected these fields reflect the range selected, based on the current date. You may also enter a custom date range.
- Additional Filter: Allows you to restrict the respondents to only those who fall into the selected segment. A list of saved crosstab segments is displayed in the menu. Crosstabs can only be filtered one segment at a time.
- The options in the list are automatically created from saved segments. If the desired segment isn't available, create that segment as a crosstab first. Once saved, segments in the crosstab are available to use as filters.
- Respondent Status: Allows you to select respondents based on their survey completion status.
- All and Partials* - includes all respondents, regardless of partial or completion status.
- All Complete Respondents - includes all respondents who have completed the survey (as qualified, terminated, or overquota users).
- Qualified Only - includes only respondents who have completed the survey as qualified (not terminated or overquota users).
- Terminated Only - includes only respondents who have completed the survey as terminates.
- Overquota Only - includes only respondents who have completed the survey as overquotas.
- Partials Only* - includes only respondents who have not completed the survey.
**Options only available when automatic partial recovery is enabled for the survey.
- Table Set: Allows you to select which "table set" to apply to the crosstab run. A table set is a subset of tables that you define, e.g., demographics. Any table set you save will be available as an option in the "Table Set" menu.
- New Table Set: Create a new table set.
- % Base: Allows you to select respondents based on their question/segment status
- Total Answering: Based on the "total" row, the total for the table row is updated for a respondent if at least one visible row is true (excluding aggregated and nets).
- Total Shown: Based on the number of respondents shown any part of the question.
- Total in Segment: Any respondent who falls into the segment's condition (e.g., qualified and male).
- Weighting: This menu is only available if you've uploaded a weighting scheme for the crosstabs. It allows you to select a weighting scheme to apply to the crosstabs.
2.5: Crosstab Preview
Displays a preview if the crosstab segments with the applied stat testing groups.
2.6: Stat Testing
- Stat Test Groups: Use commas to separate segments into stat test groups. Each segment is represented by the letter shown in the Crosstab Preview.
- For Example: A-C,DE,F or ABC,DE,F would stat test segments A vs. B vs. C together. It would also test D vs. E separately, and F wouldn't be stat tested against any other segments.
- Stat Test Levels: Set the thresholds for indicating statistical significance.
- Learn more: Statistical Testing in Crosstabs
Click the undo icon to revert the stat testing groups and levels back to the default.
- Private: Only you (the owner) can use/edit this crosstab
- Editable: Any logged-in user can edit this crosstab
- View Only: Any logged-in user can view this crosstab. Only the owner can edit or delete.
- Click here for more information about permissions