The primary workspace for building surveys provides all the options and features needed for creating your survey. Below you will find an overview each of the primary features.
Overview of Survey Building Stage:
1. Navigation Menu: Easily navigate through the different phases of your project, from building and testing to reviewing the report and downloading your data.
2. Project Name: Displays the name of the project. Click the project name to access the project page. Click here to learn more.
3. User & Help Links: The links in the user dropdown menu in the top right corner give you direct access to your account and the ability to logout. For updates on our latest release, there's a link to the Decipher news page. The help link provides quick access to knowledge base or helpdesk.
4. Actions & View Options Menus: The Actions menu allows you to duplicate an element, review the resource tags and undo or redo a change. In the View Options menu you can toggle on and off the behind the scenes testing features, including QA codes, data labels and data values. For a complete list of QA codes, click here.
5. Question Tree: Your survey will be show in a linear format in the question tree at the upper left hand panel of the screen. The question tree is a drag and drop panel, that allows re-organization of your survey. Page breaks are represented as dotted lines.
6. Survey Element: When an element is added to the survey, it appears in the stage area of the survey editor, where you can build and edit it.
7. Element Options: Each survey element has a number of customizable options that are displayed in the options panel, as available. For more information on the options for an element, review the descriptions provided for each element in basic elements, structural elements, and dynamic elements.
8. Page Break Button: Click the "Page Break" button that appears below the element to add a page break after it; click the "---" (page break) button above the element to add a page break before it. Click here to learn more.
9. New Survey Element Button: Use these buttons to open a Survey Element window for including a new element. Click the "Add Survey Element" button that appears below the current element to add a new element after it; click the "+" (add survey element) button above the element to add a new element before it. Click here to learn more.